Build and fly your own drone with the Circuit Scribe Drone Builder Kit!Power your cardboard arms with conductive silver ink, and connect your drone's hub and motors. Download the controller app and take to the skies! The app includes easy-to-fly hover, takeoff and landing modes, or test your skills with full manual joystick control.Use the included pre-made plastic arms for testing, or make your own arm designs with the included extra cardboard.
What makes it Hot Diggity Great:
- The idea of a pen that writes conductive ink is the coolest and I wish I had this toy as a kid!
- I appreciate that their kit doesn’t have a ton of parts and pieces to put together to make the drone. It also doesn’t take forever to build and the focus seems to be on the flying.
- The drone is fun to fly. You need to practice a bit, but its not overly challenging that you get frustrated. This is a good thing because the drone is made of cardboard so it is a bit fragile.
- The camera on the drone shows live on the app so you can see what you are doing and how the video looks immediately. No delayed gratification here, but it is good for instant learning and correction on how you fly the drone.
- I liked the added touch of a thank you note in the top of the box for purchasing the product. I think this is probably informational on the app name, but it still felt special.
- Promotes STEAM learning—adding the Art in there is a positive. You can’t have STEM without STEAM.